Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday's Flim Recomendation

This week I decided to recommend a movie called "I Capture the Castle". This was first a novel by the same title written by Dodie Smith ( the same author who wrote "101 Dalmatians"). This is a quaint little movie about a young English girl, Cassandra, coming of age in the late 1940's. She lives in a crumbling castle with her beautiful sister, Rose, little brother and Bohemian step-mother, that her one hit wonder novelist of a father rents from a rich American family. Her father is depressed because he has writer's block and hasn't been able to write a single word for more than 12 years. Times are tough and there is barely enough money for food let alone rent. Through a series of events Rose the older and beautiful sister becomes engaged to Simon, one of the rich American brothers who owns the castle. Rose doesn't really love Simon and is only marrying him to help better her family and save them from poverty. Cassandra being all of 17 really thinks that she loves Simon. Jealousy prevails and a secret love affair unfolds. I don't want to give too much away, but this is a very enjoyable, sweet movie! I highly recommend it. You may recognize the actor that plays Simon, yes that's Henry Thomas the little boy from E.T! The father is played by Bill Nighy, loved him in "Love Actually" as Billy Blue! If you see it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I'm thinking of reading the book because I enjoyed it so much. Happy movie watching!

2 comments:

  1. Another movie I havent seen and I can hardly wait! Looks like just my speed. My review will certainly be available in exchange for a pazooki(fake birthday free one that is) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started a list of movies I want to see on my blog, so of course, I will be adding your recommendations~! I had fun at CJ's,I really needed to get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete