Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday's Flick Recommendation... not one but two!



This week I'm going to recommend not one, but two movies! Yes that's right you heard me (read me?). Since, I missed last Friday and recieved inquires as to where I was (in a drug induced coma) I feel it my duty to give you two great movie recommendations. Actually, the movies go together. One is the beginning(???) and the second is a follow-up. Both are beautifully filmed, in Provencial France, but I must warn you they are sub-titled as they are french films. What a beautiful language. Ah, I digress. Anywho, the titles of these wonderful movies are "My Father's Glory" english translation, or for those who want to know the french title "Gloire de mon père, La" and it' companion is titled " My Mother's Castle" or avec en francais "Château de ma mère, Le". I think my french teacher would be proud! The first movie tells the tale of a family's yearly Holiday to the french countryside as seen through the eyes of young boy coming of age. Some funny points, sad times, and the meaning of family. All rolled into one movie! The next movie My Mother's Castle deals again with family and their annual Holiday, but this time romance is thrown in as the young boy Marcel meets a girl! Both of these films are so heartwarming and a joy to watch, please don't let the fact that they're sub-titled keep you from enjoying them. Somehow they remind me of movies like "Cheaper by the Dozen"(not the remake the original!) and "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" from along time ago that just aren't made too often now adays! Anyway try something different and enjoy! C'est si bon!! I give them 2 Chick Flicks ratings!

3 comments:

  1. I am keeping a notebook of movies to see and each recommendation is added! Love these posts...Keep em coming! xoxo Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, is your chick flick rating out of 5 or 10? And is that a 2 chick rating or a 4 chick rating? Inquiring minds want to know. I cannot wait to see these 2 movies. As always, you do not disappoint with your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you all enjoy them. As to my rating system It's just 2 out of 2, or if you insist 4 out of 4 ;) 2(4) being the highest I'll give it. I don't recommend movies that I don't like!

    ReplyDelete