Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Monday and I just want to whine!!!

Uck!! It's cold, wet, and MONDAY!
What more do I say. I just feel the need to whine today! I've been in a funk lately that comes and goes. I look around my house and there are so many big and little projects that have been started or need to be finished and I feel so over whelmed. Yesterday, Joe and I went to Home Depot, just to look and kill an afternoon of wishful thinking. It just depressed me more! He wants to redo our bathroom now and make our shower bigger and tile it, and reconfigure the tub too! Ug, all I can think of is another project that won't get finished! and in the master bathroom to boot! And, no, I can't make him finish other stuff before he starts, even though I try! Like I tell Kathy, he has "Oh, look! Another bright shiny object!" disorder! The man usually does what he wants, when he wants or has the time for. All I really want right now is new carpet! Ours is 19 years, 2 kids, 4 dogs and a gazillion cats old! Oh yeah, and, sometimes 1 not so neat grown man, and an occasional spill from his "old lady"!


O
h, please Lord, let the sun come out and shine soon or I may just lose my mind!

3 comments:

  1. Grey skies are gonna clear up so put on a happy face! And remember no ones house is ever really done.
    We have base boards without paint in our bath for two years now!
    But I would tell Joe no new projects until he finishes. I tell Steve the same thing but I wish you better luck with that than I have. Love ya and wish you sunshine! Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how Karen loves her lists? I used to love to make lists of projects that are started but not finished, projects that need to be started (I have tons of those), and projects I would like to start. It is the most amazing thing when you do it. I read a book that suggested you start right at your front door and start thinking of things that need to be done there or every day chores that should be done, but somehow, nobody wants to do like clean the front door, sweep the porch, and basically tidy up there.

    Anyway, they gave an example of one they did and it was incredible. Sometimes you realize you really just do NOT like the way a current project is going and want to switch or you are tired of the table near the front door being a catch all and somebody had better do something about it.

    Since I have no Honey to do the "Honey Dos" I just try to pay attention to that stuff anymore.

    Off to whine~!

    ReplyDelete