
Gosh, it's been awhile. I had to really think of a film to recommend to you all this week, but I came up with one finally! This weeks' recommendation is a movie that's still in the theaters. So, you can grab your significant
other or best movie going buddy and still see it! I'm recommending Clint Eastwood's new movie "Gran Torino". This isn't a movie for those of you that are easily offended. Clint is great as the grumpy, gruff Korean war Vet. He hates everyone, except his dog, Daisy, and he's not ashamed or P.C. to let them know it! He uses every racial epithet that is known to mankind, but the way the movie goes I couldn't help but laugh at it, and so did the majority of the theater audience that was there. The story deals with preconceived prejudices, social morals, doing the right thing (or wrong) and friendship. I'm not going to tell you the plot because I don't want to spoil it for you, but this movie just sticks out to me as a memorable one so far this year for me (yeah, I know it's only January). I was upset when the Oscars were announced and this wasn't nominated for "Best Picture" or Clint for "Best Actor". You know how you come across something that just stick with you.... well, this movie has and I'm not sure as to why, yet I'm pondering why it struck me so, and Lordy knows it's not a P.C. film. Also, I'm not a huge Clint Eastwood fan, and he has said this is he's last "acting" role, I don't blame him, he really is looking like an old man in it, bent, high-waisted. old man pants, wrinkles in all their glory, but man are his eyes so telling. Please go see it, then lets discuss. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I would even go see it again, and that's saying alot because I don't see movies a second time in the theater usually. They're just getting too expensive!

This one has been on our list to see since Vegas! This weekend for sure.So I am glad to hear that its good. Your description of Clint is so funny! My how we all change as we age. I will let you know my thoughts after I see it. Thanks for the review! xoxo K
ReplyDeleteI loved this movie. For all of his "bad" language, he was a good man. Did he makes mistakes with his own family? You bet. But he actually saw people. He might pick on the person's superficial quality, thus, all his crude names for people, but he saw that "Toad" needed help in staying out of the gang and he did what he could. He saw he needed help in acting like a man, and his lesson speaking like a man are priceless.
ReplyDeleteHe "saw" his granddaughter. My goodness. Her get-up at the funeral was...was...well, words fail me. His own sons never saw him at all.
I would love to see this movie again. I may take Teddy Bear to see it.
Just got home and WOW What a terrific movie,not one that I usually like but this was so powerful! I loved Tao and his sister. And Daisy...I agree four chicks feet up! Karen~
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you liked it! It's just one of those movies that struck me as awesome, and I'm still trying to figure out why?
ReplyDelete